Friday, May 15, 2009

Mrs. Illinois is auctioned off!!!

The Barrington Junior Women's Club hosted an event at Pinstripes in South Barrington. The event was a fun filled event with over 200 in attendance and benefiting domestic violence. I have had the honor to speak at various events throughout the years in regards to domestic violence as well as the empowerment of women and children. This is a cause that is very near and dear to me. I was asked by the event chair if they could auction "me" off. what fun. It was a silent auction that was a day in the life of Mrs. Illinois. The day included a limo ride to a photo shoot, a lunch together, then a mini shopping spree. All things that any queen would want! I know some little girl will be thrilled to have won such an item, but I may be even more excited to get to do it with her! Here I am with my husband, Dean, and the event chair, Sonal Patel and her husband Vip.

No comments: