Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Beginning


This past July a dreamof mine came true and a goal met. I was crowned Mrs. Illinois America. It was a moment in time I will never forget and cherish forever. That night as the silence was surmounting and my heart pounding I heard those long awaited words I had envisioned in my mind, "and your new Mrs. Illinois America is....Lisa Niewolny." Surrounded by family and friends to share in the celebration my night was complete. It was later brought to my attention that I should do a blog for others to share in the reign. I have to admit, being the private person that I am, I was quite hesitant (not to mention I've never done one before). Then I remembered, it's not about me but what God can do through me. This is something that is much bigger than myself. I have been quite involved with many organizations and causes such as Global Poverty and AIDS, Boys and Girls Club, abused women and children, and Girls of Greatness just to name a few. I hope to spend my reign spreading the message of pouring into our youth and building their self esteem while realizing their self worth. I will also use the opportunity to speak about global poverty and the need for everyone to help in making a difference. I believe everyone can make a difference in this lifetime with the life they've been given. We all have been given gifts and talents to use and make a difference in the lives of others. I am grateful for the opportunity and blessings given and yet to come. I am honored to be a part of such a great organization, Mrs. Illinois America. Lastly I am humbled to serve as Mrs. Illinois America and be amongst those wonderful ladies who have gone before me. With that being said, I welcome you to join in my journey as Mrs. Illinois America and together making a difference.
Peace and Blessings.



the gals at the state gala...what a gorgeous goup!

No comments: