Tuesday, November 18, 2008

KEKE Creations Raises $1,000 for South Africa


Global Poverty and AIDS is one of my platforms along with Girls of Greatness and building into our youth of today. My daughter, Kennedy Ann started her own jewelry making business a year ago to help make a difference in the lives of children in South Africa and Zambia. As a family we are currently building an orphan home. But Kennedy, has been making huge strides on her own. She donates her proceeds to global Connections at Willow Creek Church. They have designated her money specifically for purchasing uniforms for children so they can go to school (In South Africa and other surrounding countries children can not go to school unless they have a uniform). Since the inception of KeKe Creations almost one year ago, Kennedy has been able to provide uniforms for more than 150 children. Yes, the proud mamma has to boast. My 10 year old daughter helped to send 150 children to school. I look at my children and know what blessings they are to me and Dean. But, I have to say, God often speaks to me through my children and their actions. I learn more and more every day, how small our world is, how we all have gifts and talents, and how we all can make a difference in some form or fashion.
Here, my girlfriend, Sandi Vigou hosted a mother/daughter party to benefit KeKe Creations. Sandi has her own jewelry and purse business and she wanted to donate a portion of her proceeds to Kennedy. It was a hit. Here are a couple pictures of the girls shopping and making jewelry. Kennedy is second from the left, second row. Here she is with her girlfriends: front row Rebecca, Grazella, nicole, Blair. Second RowltoR Claudia, Kennedy, Isabel, Lauren. Back Row L to R: Lauren, Mia, Sneha.

No comments: